1st October, 2014
- Our client migrated to Australia some 30 years ago and worked full time for almost 30 years.
- He met and married his wife who is a Thai national.
- Although she migrated to Australia, she was very unhappy and the couple decided to move to Thailand to live.
- Our client turned 65 and applied for an Australian pension. His application was rejected on the basis that he was not living in Australia permanently.
- We have assisted him prepare submissions to Centrelink for an internal review of the decision.