10th January, 2016
- Our client was in Australia on a Student Visa and was a hard working student.
- He was in Australia without any family, and his only support network was his friends.
- He met a girl at church and they started dating.
- Their relationship progressed very quickly and became sexual early on.
- After approximately one month, she made allegations that our client sexually assaulted her.
- He had no prior offences and denied assaulting her.
- The DPP refused to drop the charges, however, advised us they would consider a lesser charge.
- Our client insisted he was innocent and the matter proceeded to trial with a jury.
- The jury came back within 30 minutes with a NOT GUILTY verdict.